Monday, May 18, 2009

Stewart-Haas-Hendrick Motorsports Racing

The Allstar race on Saturday night was awesome and I want to give congrats to Tony Stewart for achieving his first owner-driver race win. With that said a question keeps popping up in my head that really has me thinking. Has Rick Hendrick figured out a way to have up to an 8 car stable? By supplying an engine package and technical support to Stewart-Haas racing Rick may have found a way around the four car team limit. When Tony wins his first points race as a owner-driver I won't be surprised at all when he says some thing to the effect of " The number 14 Office Depot/Old Spice car was great tonight, I'd like to thank Gene Haas for all of his support and I'd like to thank Rick Hendrick and Hendrick Motorsports for the motor package they lease us and their continuing technical support." I think my theory will only become closer to being fact if we see Brad Keslowski ending up over at Stewart-Haas Racing, driving a third car for the team.

This theory could be endless Dale Jr. could start his own cup team with Hendrick engine packages with full tech support, making it a 12 car stable. Jack Roush could do something similar with Carl Edwards or Matt Kennseth by having one of them acquire 50% of a team like Yates or the Woods Bros. of course for a rock bottom price ,with the promise of Roush engine packages and full technical support. Or what about something like Hamlin-Nemco Motorsports with Gibbs engine packages and tech support. It's only a theory but it's really something to think about, NASCAR could end up with a number of teams that are still controlled by a few.

By saying all of this I'm not taking anything away from Tony as a driver, I think he's one of the greatest drivers there is. What I am saying though is it seems that Stewart's Allstar race win was more of a Hendrick Motorsports win than a Stewart-Hass Racing win.

No comments:

Post a Comment