Saturday, April 11, 2009

Joe,Joey And Kyle

Haven't posted for a week, so I have lots to comment on. First off congrats to Joey Logano for winning in Nashville. Wasn't Front Row Joe Nemechek awesome? He ran in the top 15 most of the race,pretty good for a driver-owner team, and gets ran into by Ricky Stenhouse, rolls his car a couple of times lands on the wheels and has enough control to be able to keep it out of the wall and drive back onto pit lane. It's just to bad that Joe can't afford to wreck cars, I would imagine that this will be quite a set back for Joe. I hope Joe can find some decent sponsorship, if I was putting out sponsorship money Joe is the kind of driver I'd want to have.

Speaking of sponsorship, if I was Kyle Busch's sponsor(s) I'd be pulling my sponsorship money in a hurry. What an idiot, having tantrums when he doesn't win races, even when it's his fault(Martinsville truck race). Demanding respect where none has been earned. He whined about fans having to much access to the drivers at the Nationwide race at Nashville, he stated that he was upset at all of the fans lined up at his hauler for autographs that had multiple items to sign(a few had suitcases full) well shouldn't his PR guy come out at the start and make the crowd aware that autographs are limited to one item per person? He says this on national TV, he's already stated that he doesn't care about souvenir sales-popularity. To me, that's like him straight out saying, fans are nothing more than pieces of dung. Aren't the fans the ones that sponsors are trying to get to buy their products? I was really trying to root for Kyle(a tiny bit) this year because he is a top of the class driver, but the past few weeks have put me in the same state I was last year, a "Kyle Hater " or even worse a"Kyle Busch, M&M's,Pedigree Dog Food, Interstate Batteries, Etc. Hater".

I wonder if Joey Logano will get a handle on the new car this year? He's on the verge of falling out of the top 35 in owners points but even if he does I don't think anyone should panic, he seems to always be able qualify real well. I think he just needs more time in the cup car, he needs to learn how to better communicate what he needs in the car with his crew chief. I didn't expect the #20 cup car to win any races this year, but I most defiantly didn't expect to see the #20 car on the top 35 bubble.

No comments:

Post a Comment