Thursday, April 2, 2009

A Texas Weekend

I've always thought that if I could go on a fantasy all expense paid race weekend, I would go to the fall night race in Bristol,Tennessee. But I may be swaying towards the spring race in Fort Worth, Texas. Here's my reasoning:

Bristol has the cup race and the truck race, with the truck race being on Wednesday night and the cup race on Saturday afternoon. So Wednesday would be full with truck practice, qualifying and race.Thursday would have a cup practice and qualifying.Friday would have 2 cup practices and Saturday night would be the cup race.

Texas has the cup race and the Nationwide race,with Thursday being filled with Nationwide practice and qualifying. Friday would have cup practice and qualifying. Saturday would have two cup practices and the Nationwide race and Sunday would be the cup race. Not all that much different from Bristol.

My accomadations and seats at either place is where the differences start. In Bristol I think I would want to stay in a five star hotel, eat at good resturants and have really good seats(maybe even a luxury booth) on the front stretch with pit passes. At Texas I would rent a nice big RV and a stall on the infield. This takes care of accomadations, seats,pit passes and food(the RV would have a fold out BBQ and I'm big on BBQ'n). On the infield for the weekend, I think a person would have a better chance of meeting and interacting with more people than you would staying at a hotel. If you think about it you could arrive at the track on Wednesday night with groceries and beer and unless you wanted to, you wouldn't have to leave the track until Monday morning. I think that I would enjoy living in a RV, and kicking back with a whole bunch of race fans for the whole weekend. Besides that it's hot here in Alberta in August and I would imagine it's hotter in Bristol, where as we still have about a foot of snow here now and it looks pretty nice in Texas.

Congrats to "The Franchise" David Reutimann for picking up the pole this afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment